Welcome to the Official Page of Lethbridge Minor Basketball Association
As COVID continues to put restrictions on our programming, we have made arrangements to issue the credits families currently have with LMBA. Due to space being limited in our programs this year, we have chosen to send reimbursement through an eTransfer. Credits will NOT be applied to player’s registrations. Please be aware this will take time to confirm current email addresses before we can issue the refund via eTransfer.
Thank you for your understanding.
To our LMBA Players & Parents,
LMBA is finalizing gym times for our Saturday programming beginning in January 2021.
At this time we would like to communicate changes we must implement due to COVID 19 as well as keeping in mind the announcement made by the Premier on November 24, 2020. The announcement addresses the next 3 weeks and affects group sports. We are optimistic that in the new year, these restrictions will be lifted. In the case the restrictions are upheld for a while longer, we will have a delay in when LMBA our programming starts. As a result of the restrictions on sport and limitations on gym space, LMBA programming will look drastically different than in previous seasons. We ask that you read through the changes carefully before making the decision to register your child this year.
- Players must be born between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2015 (We are unfortunately unable to offer our program to 4 year old’s this year).
- Programming will look different compared to previous years. This season will be focused on developmental skills only. There will be NO structured gameplay. This is a directive from Alberta Health Services (AHS), Alberta Basketball Association (ABA) and Canada Basketball (CB).
- Every player must fill out a Waiver form and COVID form before registration will be considered completed.
- No player or parent may enter the facility, nor participate, if feeling unwell (Cold/Flu/COVID 19 symptoms). Anyone who does not adhere to this will be asked to leave the facility and will not be eligible to return for the two week quarantine period.
- Unfortunately, all sessions will be closed to everybody but the registered athlete – NO parents or siblings will be allowed in the gyms at any time as there is a finite number of people allowed in this sport cohort.
- Players must complete a daily COVID Screening form each Saturday of the programming. Players will not be allowed to participate without the Screening form being completed and submitted each Saturday by a Guardian or parent.
- Parents must be present at the University of Lethbridge (U of L) facility (on the top floor before you go down the stairs to the gym) to Sign In and Sign Out their child each Saturday. It has been requested that each Saturday, the same family member Sign In and Sign Out their athlete. This person can change from week to week but we have been advised that it should be the same person on each day. If this is not possible, please advise the person collecting the forms.
- Players are required to bring their own water bottle/basketball to each Saturday session.
- No refunds will be issued if programming is shut down due to a positive case of COVID and/or due to lockdowns.
- Masks must be worn at all times by any person entering the U of L. Athletes can remove their masks once programming begins.
- All rules set out by the U of L, AHS, ABA and CB must be followed at all times!
- Please note that due to COVID restrictions and U of L policies, program space is limited. Registration will be coordinated through Recreation Services at the U of L and available only through their online booking.
Please watch our website and Facebook page as we will be posting updates regarding registrations for our Saturday programs.
**** SPOTS ARE LIMITED THIS YEAR*****
No further emails regarding programming will be sent out.
We apologize for the inconveniences of this program offering and appreciate the patience of our membership as we navigate this trying time. With the assistance of the U of L, we are striving to make the best of the situation. This is not ideal, but it is the best our Board, in partnership with U of L Recreation Services has been able to present.
** LMBA Board will make a decision regarding Club ball in the new year and will post information on our website and Facebook page as it becomes available.